What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is one of the most common concerns for men. Although many can achieve male breast reduction for free by following a regular workout routine, others might need additional help with male breast reduction. Gynecomastia surgery, also known as ‘man boob’ surgery, can assist you with a challenging condition that you may find difficult to tackle by yourself.
The condition can be triggered by gynecomastia causes such as high oestrogen levels. If you are not happy with the size of your chest, male breast reduction surgery in London at EF MEDISPA can help you reduce your man boobs effectively.
Our highly experienced Doctors will:
- Assess your full medical history, defining whether your gynecomastia causes are due to excessive weight gain or from a hormonal imbalance.
- Define the type of gynecomastia treatment that will be most effective.
- Tailor gynecomastia treatment to you, considering personal experiences and individual physiology.
All treatments are tailored to the individual and personal experiences and results may vary. We recommend a one to one consultation with our Treatment Coordinators to discuss your treatment options.
What Happens During Gynecomastia Surgery?
- Gynecomastia surgery is performed under local anaesthetic or conscious sedation.
- The ‘man boobs’ surgery procedure your Surgeon is uses is Vaser Liposuction.
- A small incision is made within a precise area of your chest to help the insertion of a small ultrasound probe.
- The probe will break down your fat cells utilising the latest advanced ultrasound technology.
- Fat cells are then removed with liposuction through the probe.
- Once the fat that gynecomastia causes has been removed, your Surgeon will be able to remove any excess breast tissue in the area.
This procedure will normally last around 60-90 minutes. After your male breast reduction surgery in London, you will have the time to relax and discuss your male chest reduction aftercare plan with the expert medical team in the recovery room.
How Long is the Recovery from Male Chest Reduction Surgery?
Following your gynecomastia surgery:
- Our Nurses will fit you into a support garment and the Doctor will prescribe the necessary painkillers and antibiotics.
- Most of our patients experience the downtime of 3-14 days after male chest reduction and seem to be able to notice results 6 weeks after the procedure.
- Your Doctor will be monitoring your progress with review appointments and a bespoke aftercare treatment plan will be devised to enhance the healing process and ensure you get optimum results from your male breast reduction surgery in London.
Summary of Gynaecomastia Surgery Procedure
- Procedure Time 60-90mins
- Back To Work 2-5 days*
- Anaesthetic Local anaesthesia or conscious sedation
- Downtime 3 - 14 days dependent on lifestyle
- Duration Of Results Permanent dependent on diet & lifestyle
- Results 6 weeks*
*Individual results may vary.
Gynecomastia Surgery FAQs
What Causes Male Breasts to Develop?
There are various gynecomastia causes, with many of our patients opting for gynecomastia treatment for a wide range of reasons. It is all down to the fact that too much oestrogen is produced in the body, resulting in the need for ‘man boob’ surgery due to gynecomastia lump emerging. Causes of this consist of:
- Hormone imbalance
- Older age
Other rare causes resulting in the need for gynaecomastia treatment include side effects of some medicine, illegal drugs, health conditions, and genetic disorders.
What is Vaser Liposuction and What is the Difference to Liposuction?
- Vaser Liposuction is one of the latest forms of liposuction.
- It is less invasive than traditional liposuction as only a small incision is made to enable a small ultrasound probe to be inserted under the skin.
- The advanced ultrasound technology applied on the probe will break down your fat and a gentle liposuction will follow up to precisely remove all the unwanted fat and tissues from the treated areas.
How Can I Get Rid of My Man Boobs?
If your ‘man boobs’ are caused by a gynecomastia lump, which is excess fat, your first option would be to try a balanced diet and a regular workout schedule. If you seem to be unable to get rid of them, Gynecomastia surgery could be a solution to your problem. Talk to one of our Treatment Coordinators and Surgeons today to find out whether you are a suitable candidate for our male breast reduction surgery in London.