This year we got inspired by “Go Sober for October”, one of the most renowned fundraising campaigns by Macmillan Cancer Support and have gathered our top 5 wellness tips to follow for a healthier, alcohol-free October.
1. Do not neglect your diet. We all know how fast we can jump from healthy, pre-summer diets to post-holiday indulgence. The months of bikinis and thin layers are over, however, that doesn’t mean that we should neglect our body and lifestyle. Make sure you are always prepared with healthy snacks and incorporate plenty of delicious seasonal vegetables on your diet such as broccoli, eggplant, kale and pumpkin. Need professional advice on your diet? Talk to our in-house nutritionists today and let them device a bespoke nutrition plan tailored to your individual needs and lifestyle.
2. Stay active. As the days are getting shorter and colder, it is becoming harder and harder to find the willpower to get off the couch and go to the gym. Keep yourself busy with a new exercise regimen to stay motivated. Whether it’s a dance class, a run or a hike, be active. Not sure you have the power to keep up with it? Download a fitness app and set a footstep goal per day to keep you on your toes!
3. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! We couldn’t possibly emphasise more on the significance of water to maintain a healthy lifestyle. In colder weather, our body’s thirst is diminished, thus we are more likely to drink less water. Ultimately, this may cause a ripple effect on our digestion, kidney’s health, immune system and skin texture. So, if you want to stay hydrated and healthy, the simplest thing you can do is make sure you drink at least 2 litres of water per day. If you have already neglected your water intake and started noticing the impact on your skin, talk to us today about our innovative Jet Facial. Our fast and gentle exfoliating facial will repair and replenish your skin, boosting your moisture levels whilst revealing a radiant, plumper complexion.
4. Boost your immune system. October is probably the most common month to catch the occasional cold. If your vitamin intake is insufficient, your stress levels elevated and workload is piling up, you are more susceptible to go down with the seasonal flu. Pop-in to our Drip & Chill lounge, lay back and relax whilst our bespoke IV Vitamin Infusions are replenishing your body, helping to boost your immune system and increase your energy levels.
5. Let go of what is unnecessary. Autumn is the season to let go of things you no longer need. Just like trees shedding their leaves, nature is giving us the example to rid of all the extra baggage we have been lugging around for far too long, reconnect with ourselves and embrace the next chapter of our lives. Sounds good in theory, but how can you achieve that?
Meditation might be the answer! It only takes a few minutes per day to tune in, listen to yourself and reflect. Think of where you are in life, where you want to be and what are the things that are holding you back. Work out a plan of how you are going to get rid of them day by day and prepare yourself to achieve your ultimate life goals.
In the spirit of getting rid of unnecessary baggage, how about getting rid of toxins from within? Our bespoke Colonic Hydrotherapy treatments can help you unclog trapped toxins and unnecessary waste from your gut in order to facilitate your body’s natural functions, giving you the kick-start you need to get back on track.