Everybody loves a salad in the summer, they’re light, healthy and super quick to make; but sometimes when we’re not feeling very inventive, we end up throwing the same basic ingredients into a bowl, meaning it can get very dull, very quickly.
But we want to remind you that salads can be so much more than a handful of lettuce leaves, cucumber and tomatoes! They can be full of flavour and colour, but still super quick and easy to make. These three salads below each make great dnners or lunches by themselves or can be used as side dishes at barbeques, enjoy!
Feta & Pomegranate Salad
- Baby spinach leaves
- Feta (cut into cubes
- Pomegranate seeds
- Balsamic vinegar
1. Cut the watermelon and cucumber into medium size cubes.
2. In a large bowl mix the spinach leaves, cucumber and watermelon.
3. Throw in the feta cubes and pomegranate seeds and then drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sweet baby peppers
- Sliced aubergine
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3. Mix the peppers, aubergine and asparagus with some olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread them out on baking tray and roast in oven for about 30 minutes - take them out half way through and turn over.
2. Grill halloumi cheese on griddle pan for about a minute on each side.
3. Assemble the vegetables in a large dish, and serve the grilled halloumi on top!
Quinoa Super Salad
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped butternut squash
- Ready to eat quinoa
- Variety of small tomatoes sliced in half
- Sliced onion
- Chopped garlic
- Olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan, and throw in the chopped onion and garlic to soften for about 5 minutes. Next put in the butternut squash until it starts change colour, then add the broccoli for a further 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, fluff up the quinoa in a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes.
3. Once the vegetables are done, mix into the quinoa and crumble feta on top.